Wednesday 10 April 2013

Barbara Daly Make-Up review


I popped into my local Tesco yesterday to look for a new foundation as I'm fed up of the one I'm using at the minute (this). It's a teeny Tesco so the make-up section was about 1/4 of an aisle and consisted of 2 brands! I had a look at the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation but found it far too thick and gloopy! Anyway, this is what I ended up buying: moisture foundation in Ivory, flawless primer and the light-effect concealer. Tesco had a 3 for 2 deal on so i got all 3 for £18. Bargain!




Moisture Foundation in Ivory
The foundation comes in a very expensive looking glass pot and also has an applicator wand so there's no need to dab the pot out on the back of your hand. There are quite a few colour choices (I can't remember exactly how many) but the thing I love the most are the lighter shades: Ivory and Porcelain. I have very fair skin and struggle to find any foundations to match, they're normally either too dark or have a horrible yellow tinge to them, but this one is absolutely perfect, it blends with my skin so well. It also has SPF 20 in it which makes it perfect for summer too! At only £8 this is definitely my favourite foundation I've used so far. 
(sorry for all of the ugly scars on my hand, I was a very clumsy child)




Swatched:

Blended:


Flawless Primer
I've never used a primer before but have wanted to try one for a long time. I have naturally oily skin so I've been looking for one that soaks in quickly and doesn't leave your face looking shiny. I saw this in the Barbara Daly collection and tried out a tester. It soaks into your skin really quickly and sort of mattifies your skin, its lovely. I'm not sure if it makes any difference to how long your make up stays on for as I've only used it once, but either way I still like. It RRP's at £10.00 which I think is a little steep for such a small pot.



Light-effect Concealer
I'm really unsure about the light-effect concealer, it should be £7 which is quite expensive for a concealer. First of all there is only one shade to choose from, and it it quite a lot darker than my skin. I suppose once you've got foundation on over the top it doesn't really matter, but it just means I cant wear it on it's own. And secondly its very thin, it could almost pass as a sheer foundation and doesn't really cover much. However, I do like the handiness of the pen with the brush on the end. Saves having to dig around your bag for a concealer brush.



Swatched:

Blended:

Hope you liked the review :)
Have you ever used Barbara Daly make-up? What do you think?

Jade x






4 comments:

  1. Wow,looks very good.^^
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I have followed you :)

      Jade x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...